Sunday, July 4, 2010

So many markets, so little time




Between Friday night and Saturday I made it to 4 of the cities markets. Trader's Point, Bindford, Noblesville, and Fishers. There were two exciting discoveries I made at the markets. The first was at Traders Point. I had not yet found a replacement for the California made shampoo that I use, but at Traders Point Flower Child Aromatheraphy had a rosemary shampoo bar. I was a bit skeptical, I had never used a shampoo bar before, but it was incredible. I love the smell (and taste of Rosemary) and it worked great in my hair. If I can just find toothpaste, I will be 100% converted to Indiana products in my bathroom.




The second find was something I certainly wasn't looking for. I had decided on the clothes front I would keep wearing my clothes and not try and replace everything, but if I had to buy something it would need to be made in Indiana. As I was walking the Noblesville market I came across a lady selling mittens and other clothing effects made out of alpaca. Being mid July I certainly didn't need those, but I saw the most beautiful green alpaca scarf. I have a bit of a scarf obsession, so for the incredibly inexpensive price of $20, I bought it! That just helped me on 2 fronts, I needed a green scarf, and I got to buy Indiana clothing!




The best part of the experience with this vendor was, she had a rabbit sitting in her lap that was shedding fur. As she pulled the fur off the rabbit she was spinning it into yard. I had my dog Blake with me, who is quite the shedder himself. She took one look at him and said I could get the most beautiful yarn from him. So for everyone who has mocked me for saving his fur when I brush him...I got some validation (or maybe I'm still crazy). I wish I had this vendors name...but there wasn't a tag on my scarf. Next week I'll go back so I can write it down and share. I have put a picture of Blake in this post so you can see his beautiful fur!




I'm off to golf on an Indiana golf course...with golf balls not made in Indiana. Anyone know where I can find those?


No comments:

Post a Comment